17th October 2022
DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
|REF MCG/CPSBM/CCO/2022/10/17: COUNTY CHIEF OFFICERS, NINETEEN (19) POSTS|
Pursuant to the provision of section 45 of the County Government Act, 2012, the County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit qualified and suitable persons to fill positions in the following departments: –
Terms of Service-Contract
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
|Duties and Responsibilities|
The Chief Officer shall be the accounting and authorized officer in respect of the exercise of delegated powers and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member for:
- Day-to-day administration and coordination of the respective county department;
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery within the department;
- Implementation of policies and programs within the department;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development goals including performance management;
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain Vision 2030; and
- Promoting and ensuring compliance with National values and principles of governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Overseeing the management of finances, preparation of budget estimates, annual work plans, and programmes;
- Maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with other organs of the county, other counties, and as well as the private sector;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant Executive Committee Member from time to time.
|Requirements for Appointment|
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of socio-economic development objectives and plans of Vision 2030;
- Have ten (10) years of relevant professional experience; and at least five (5) years of experience in a leadership position at a senior management level in public service or private sector organization;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Proof of registration with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
|How to apply|
Interested applicants should fill Marsabit County employment application forms and attach copies of certificates, testimonials, and identity card. The form can be downloaded from the County Public Service Board’s website https://marsabitcpsb.go.ke/
or obtained from our Offices.
An incomplete application form will not be accepted and giving false information in the application form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer and corruption-free entity. Women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 28th October 2022 at 4 pm.
The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position applied for and vacancy number and addressed to: –
The Acting Secretary/ CEO
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500MARSABIT