The County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit a qualified and competent person for the following positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act 2012 Sections 45 and 59 (1) (a) and (b):
Position Title: County Chief Officer responsible for Finance
Job Group: CPSB 02
Reporting to: County Executive Committee Member for Finance and
Job location: Marsabit
Terms of Service: 5 years Contract
Salary: As per the guideline of the Salary and Remuneration Commission
Job Ref: CPSBM /COF/15/12/21
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Officer shall be the accounting and authorized officer in respect of exercise of delegated powers and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member for:
• Day to day administration of the department.
• Providing strategic policy direction for eﬀective service delivery within the department.
• Implementation of policies and programs within the department.
• Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development goals including
• Formulation and implementation of eﬀective programs to attain Vision 2030.
• Promote National values and principles of governance & values and principles of public service
as outlined in Article 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Requirement for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of socio-economic development objectives and plans of Vision 2030..
• Have knowledge, experience, and distinguished career of not less than 10 years at a senior management level.
• Be a strategic thinker and result-oriented.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
• Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Proof of registration with the relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, applicants must obtain the following:
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loan Board(HELB).
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance (CRB).
Applicants should download and fill County Public Service Board of Marsabit application form from our website https://marsabitcpsb.go.ke/forms/ and submit their application together with copies of the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) which has address and contacts of two referees one of whom should be immediate former employer;
- Academic, professional certificates and Testimonials
- National Identity Cards or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should submit hand delivery applications to the address below on or before the close of business Thursday 6th January 2022
The Acting Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, The County Public Service Board of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer that stands by its motto of “Opportunity for all” at all times. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.